The Weight Management Center at Mercer Health will be holding a special, FREE program and support group titled “Ask the Experts” on Monday, July 11, at 6:00pm at Mercer Health’s West Campus location. This month’s program is presented by the Weight Management Center Staff. They will be on hand to answer any questions you may have! Come prepared with questions you may have regarding weight loss, maintaining a healthy weight, plateaus, dining out, sleep & weight loss, or whatever the topic may be-you name it! If interested in attending, registration is encouraged by calling 419-678-8446.
The Mercer Health Weight Management Center also continues to offer several other Weight Management programs throughout the year. The following programs are now available through Mercer Health’s Weight Management Center:
1) Medical Weight loss is now available, with the addition of Lindsey Moeller, CNP, to the Weight Management Center staff. This offers medically managed weight loss, including surgical and non-surgical interventions, weight loss medications, and appointments specialized to discuss your personal weight loss needs.
2) The weight loss surgery program continues to grow, and now includes laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy surgery. The required informational seminar is now available online anytime at www.mercer-health.com.
3) Rev It Up!® Weight Management is a 9-week interactive lifestyle program led by our registered dietitian that covers topics such as behavior modification, hunger and fullness signals, fluid needs, meal timing, aerobic exercise, and more. The next 9-week session begins in September.
4) The Medifast® Program offers a structured meal plan that incorporates specially formulated Medifast meal replacement and snack products to achieve a low calorie, low carbohydrate diet. To begin the Medifast program, view the required “Introduction to Medifast” class online anytime at www.mercer-health.com.
5) The MedGem Indirect Calorimeter is a handheld device that determines an individual’s resting metabolic rate. This test also includes an interpretation with a registered dietitian to determine an appropriate caloric level for weight loss. Tests are scheduled on a patient by patient basis.
6) The monthly Weight Management Support Group Program is held the second Monday of each month at 6:00pm at Mercer Health West Campus meeting room.
To register for the Support Program, or for more information about this program or other Weight Management Programs available at Mercer Health, contact the Weight Management Center at 419-678-8446.