The Weight Management Center at Mercer Health will be holding its free weight management support group on Monday, March 12, at Mercer Health’s West Campus location, 830 W. Main St., Coldwater. Two sessions will be held: 6:00pm, for those interested in, preparing for, or have had weight loss surgery; and 7:00pm, for those that have participated in a non-surgical weight loss program at Mercer Health or community members interested in additional support to maintain a healthy weight. . This month’s program will include a discussion on protein as well as support from Weight Management staff. Registration is preferred for this event.
The Mercer Health Weight Management Center also continues to offer several other Weight Management programs throughout the year. The following programs are now available through Mercer Health’s Weight Management Center:
1) Medical Weight loss is now available, with the addition of Lindsey Moeller, CNP, to the Weight Management Center staff. This offers medically managed weight loss, including surgical and non-surgical interventions, weight loss medications, and appointments specialized to discuss your personal weight loss needs.
2) The weight loss surgery program continues to grow, and now includes laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy surgery. The required informational seminar is now available online anytime at www.mercer-health.com.
3) Rev It Up!® Weight Management is a 9-week interactive lifestyle program led by our registered dietitian that covers topics such as behavior modification, hunger and fullness signals, fluid needs, meal timing, aerobic exercise, and more. The next 9-week session begins in June.
4) The MedGem Indirect Calorimeter is a handheld device that determines an individual’s resting metabolic rate. This test also includes an interpretation with a registered dietitian to determine an appropriate caloric level for weight loss. Tests are scheduled on a patient by patient basis.
5) Weight Management Support Group Sessions are held the second Monday of the odd months at 6:00pm & 7:00pm at Mercer Health West Campus meeting room.
To register for the Support Program, or for more information about this program or other Weight Management Programs available at Mercer Health, contact the Weight Management Center at 419-678-8446.