The Weight Management Center at Mercer Health will be holding a special, free event titled “The Now & Later of Food Labels” on Monday, April 10, at 6:00pm at Mercer Health’s West Campus location. If you are interested in learning in more detail how to properly read food labels, as well as how the food label standards will soon be changing, join us at this month’s program, presented by Barb Hennard, OSU Extension Educator, Family & Consumer Sciences. Registration is preferred for this event.
The Mercer Health Weight Management Center also continues to offer several other Weight Management programs throughout the year. The following programs are now available through Mercer Health’s Weight Management Center:
1) Medical Weight loss is now available, with the addition of Lindsey Moeller, CNP, to the Weight Management Center staff. This offers medically managed weight loss, including surgical and non-surgical interventions, weight loss medications, and appointments specialized to discuss your personal weight loss needs.
2) The weight loss surgery program continues to grow, and now includes laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy surgery. The required informational seminar is now available online anytime at www.mercer-health.com.
3) Rev It Up!® Weight Management is a 9-week interactive lifestyle program led by our registered dietitian that covers topics such as behavior modification, hunger and fullness signals, fluid needs, meal timing, aerobic exercise, and more. The next 9-week session begins this spring.
4) The Medifast® Program offers a structured meal plan that incorporates specially formulated Medifast meal replacement and snack products to achieve a low calorie, low carbohydrate diet. To begin the Medifast program, view the required “Introduction to Medifast” class online anytime at www.mercer-health.com.
5) The MedGem Indirect Calorimeter is a handheld device that determines an individual’s resting metabolic rate. This test also includes an interpretation with a registered dietitian to determine an appropriate caloric level for weight loss. Tests are scheduled on a patient by patient basis.
6) The monthly Weight Management Support Group Program is held the second Monday of each month at 6:00pm at Mercer Health West Campus meeting room.
To register for the Support Program, or for more information about this program or other Weight Management Programs available at Mercer Health, contact the Weight Management Center at 419-678-8446.