According to a recent community health assessment, Mercer County currently has a 38.4% obesity rate, meaning more than 1 in 3 adults within Mercer County is classified as obese. As a health care leader, Mercer Health is dedicated to helping improve the health of our community and is pleased to offer the only Weight Management Center in the area. Mercer Health’s Weight Management Center offers both surgical weight loss and medically managed weight loss programs to provide assistance and support to improve the health of Mercer County.
The Mercer Health Weight Management Center will be offering several weight management programs in January :
1) Rev It Up!® Weight Management is a 9-week interactive lifestyle program led by our registered dietitian that covers topics such as behavior modification, hunger and fullness signals, fluid needs, meal timing, aerobic exercise, and more. The next 9-week session begins January 10 at 5:30pm.
2) Medically Managed Weight Loss consultations are now available with our certified nurse practitioner. These consultations are designed to help any individual with his or her specific weight loss goals, and targets the root causes of obesity and weight gain, and may include medical nutrition therapy, and/or weight loss medications
3) The Medifast® Program offers a structured meal plan that incorporates specially formulated Medifast meal replacement and snack products to achieve a low calorie, low carbohydrate diet. Participants are required to attend an introduction class. The introduction class is available online at www.mercer-health.com and can be viewed anytime!
4) The surgical weight loss surgery program continues to grow, and now includes the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy! The required informational seminar is now available online anytime at www.mercer-health.com.
5) The MedGem Indirect Calorimeter is a handheld device that determines an individual’s resting metabolic rate. This test also includes an interpretation with a registered dietitian to determine an appropriate caloric level for weight loss. Tests are scheduled on a patient by patient basis and may be billable to your insurance.
6) Weight Management Support Groups are also available to both surgical weight loss patients and medically managed weight loss. Contact the Weight Management Center for the upcoming schedule or for more information.
All programs are now taking registrations. Limited space is available. Begin your weight loss journey today, and join in the success of our patients. For more information or to register for an upcoming program, contact the Mercer Health Weight Management Center at 419-678-8446.