Mercer Health Weight Management Support Group
The Mercer Health Weight Management Center offers a monthly support group on the second Monday of each month at 6:00pm.
This support group is open to those that have had or are considering having weight loss surgery, those that have had any type of weight loss surgery at a different facility, and those that have participated in a non-surgical Weight Management Program at Mercer Health.
We encourage patients, both before and after surgery, to attend the support group. These sessions provides a forum that offers educational, social and emotional support to patients before and after weight loss surgery, as well as to those that are continuing on their weight loss journey through one of our non-surgical programs. The Management Support Group provides patients with an informal social setting in which they have the opportunity to:
- Share experiences and answer each other’s questions.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment to share concerns and problems.
- Attend educational and social programs geared toward weight loss and weight loss surgery.
- Maintain long-term interaction with the multidisciplinary support team.
- Benefit from ongoing motivation and inspiration.
For a list of monthly topics and dates, contact the Weight Management Center at 419-678-8446.