1942 – A group of concerned citizens met to discuss establishing a hospital in Coldwater

1945 – In an empty storeroom, where Hibner’s Jewelry is presently located, Joseph Oppenheim, part owner of New Idea, Inc. called a meeting to further discuss access to medical services for Coldwater and surrounding areas.  That meeting resulted in the establishment of a new corporation entitled the Coldwater Mercy Hospital Association.

November 9, 1949 – Groundbreaking services were held with Rev. Louis H. Yauss, Pastor of Holy Trinity Church, Coldwater officiating.

1950 – On April 20, 1950, the cornerstone for Our Lady of Mercy hospital was laid.  The dedication of the 48 bed hospital was held on December 3, 1950.  On December 6, 1950, Our Lady of Mercy hospital opened its doors.

1969 – The Sisters of Mercy approached the hospital board advising they could no longer continue to operate the hospital.  Discussions began on how to keep the hospital operating.

1970 – April 1972 – After much deliberation and planning, seven townships in Mercer County stepped forward to operate the hospital as a joint township hospital district.  The townships involved in the new hospital plans were Butler, Marion, Granville, Franklin, Washington, Gibson and Recovery.

April 1, 1972 – The seven townships took possession and assumed operations of the newly named Mercer County Joint Township Community Hospital.  Discussions on renovating and expanding the hospital began immediately.

September 18, 1977 – A dedication and open house was held for the completed hospital renovations.

February 1978 – The hospital opened an Emergency Room staffed 24 hours a day.

April 1981 – Community Medical Center, in Celina, was opened to house specialty physician offices.

November 1984 – A $5 million expansion project was completed.

October 1987 – Mercer County Home Health Agency, now Mercer Health Home Care, opened as part of the organization.

December 1988- The Medical, Education and Development Foundation (MED Foundation) was created to support the activities of Mercer Health and to cultivate philanthropic relationships that enhance Mercer Health's ability to fulfill its mission and vision.

Late 1990s/Early 2000s – Five of the seven remaining townships in Mercer County joined the original seven in operating the hospital as a joint township hospital district.

2004 – Mercer County Joint Township Community Hospital became known as Mercer Health to better reflect its commitment to serve the health needs of residents in Mercer County and the surrounding area beyond traditional hospital services.

December 2009 – Construction was completed on a new Emergency Department and Outpatient Areas.

2010 – Mercer Health purchased the old Briarwood Manor building and surrounding land to allow for future expansion.

2014- The former Annex Building which originally housed the nuns operating Our Lady of Mercy Hospital, now known as Mercer Health was razed and memorialized with a newly erected monument.

2015- Mercer Health Home Care and Mercer Health Medical Equipment and Mercer Health Rehabilitation Services, provided by the Community Sports and Therapy, moved to the Galleria.